Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Night Before ~ French Toast for Brunch


Tomorrow morning, friends are coming over for brunch.

I'm fixing a classic French bread for breakfast. There is something really comforting about whisking 8 eggs, 1/4 C sugar, 3 cups of milk, some fresh butter, Vanilla and a little nutmeg together and pouring the mixture over the 1 1/2 baguettes left over from dinner on Friday night and knowing it will be delicious.

I like to cut the bread into generous 2" thick pieces and stand them up in an oblong baking dish. When they are all arranged, I pour the egg/milk mixture over them, cover and put them in the refrigerator overnight.

When everyone arrives for breakfast, the house will be redolent with the smell of nutmeg, butter and vanilla baking. I know my little pan will not only be delicious but also beautiful when I take it out of the oven. I predict many oooh's and ahhh's will be heard.

I'll keep you posted.





Day 48 Everyday Grateful ~
Misty day, ran errands with Ramses.
Talked with Logan as he prepares to come to Seattle for Rent.
Happy!

http://www.loganbenedict.com/
http://www.seattle-theatre.com/theaters/5th-avenue-theater/theater.php

No comments:

Post a Comment