Thursday, June 14, 2012

Colour & Pattern Courage


My friend Sally is an attorney who is a fantastic quilter. Mmmm, or is she a fantastic quilter who is an attorney?

But, I digress. Right now, Sally's entire focus is her daughter's health, so she's asked me to do things she might ordinarily have done herself. As I've mentioned before, Sally's daughter, Mary-Elizabeth is battling a recurrence of leukemia. It's scary, scary, scary. The good thing is she's holding her own and making progress ~ but, it's baby steps.

Last fall, I redesigned Sally's bathroom in what I like to call French Sanitary White. Then, she asked me to rearrange her living room. And, this spring, Mary-Elizabeth asked me to redesign her bedroom to be more for a grown-up girl.



A little while ago, Sally called me again to ask me to update her wonderful Mission style oak side chair that was in urgent need of reupholstery. When I went to meet with her, she had three fabrics out on the counter in the kitchen.


"I'm thinking something like these. What do you think?"

Knowing she has both colour and pattern courage and liking her combination, I said, "I like them all. Shall we do a multi-pattern extravaganza?"


"Yes," she said. "Let's!"

And, so we did.


The result? It is wonderful. Upbeat. Spirited. Friendly. Cheerful. A happy piece holding its own in a room with lots of other things going on.


Day 47 Everyday Grateful ~
"French Toast" is up and running.
Comcast has quit working up the street
so I have internet again.
Ramses and I ran a couple of errands.
Kindah nice.
Happy!


http://mary-elizabethsbump.blogspot.com/
http://thefairhero.blogspot.com/2012/03/design-for-smallest-bathroom-in-world.html
http://thefairhero.blogspot.com/2012/03/home-from-hospital.html


No comments:

Post a Comment