Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Zen of Sheets on the Line


What a wonderful Mother's Day! Talked with the boys. Talked with my friends. Cleaned up my tall terra cotta pot by the driveway. Removed all the dead ivy ~ sheesh! I thought ivy was immortal! Who knew! Repotted it with Armeria pseudarmeria ~ Joystick Mix.

Spunky! Festive! Fun!

The highlight of the day (what can I say, I'm a simple woman) was hanging my sheets out to dry in the sun.


 I've only hung sheets out for the last few years. I got the bug from a client of mine.

When I was over working on her project, I noticed her sheets hanging in the back yard. It was sunny and breezy and warm and the smell of warm cotton was heavenly! She had the coolest retractable clothes line. It attached to the side of her house and spanned a large part of her backyard. And, when it wasn't needed, it rolled back into its little housing. I wanted one!

Of course, I could never find one. When I went to the places where I might have found one, it wasn't on the top of my list. Then, one day in my travels through my favourite salvage haunts, I saw one ~ out of its package and just sitting there. $5.00. Sold!

I hung it under my back deck and by the hand of God, the one I'd purchased was the 40' model. Side to side ~ perfect.

Now, I'm a sheet hanging fool. Nothing smells more wonderful than sheets hung outside to dry.

So, while it may not seem very much like a Mother's Day thing to do ~ I hung my sheets out to dry.

And, it was heaven! I recommend it.

A very Zen thing to do.
 
  

See my very cool hot tub equipment cart?

Rick and I got it when we went to the closing of I. Magnin's in Seattle. I grabbed it when we first came into the building to use to carry around the things we were buying. Well, one thing led to another and when we went through the checkout line, we'd bought it.

I love it!

I had glass cut to cover the two levels so it is easy to clean but mostly I just like looking at it in its original vintage style. Very French with those massive wheels and iron screening on three sides. Wonderful!

http://tinyurl.com/74jmpx9 one place to find the little retractable clothes line.

More Everyday Grateful ~ Mother's Day 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment