Sunday, May 6, 2012

God, this girl can cook!

So, Ramses and I spent yesterday afternoon and evening with my friend, Barb ~ she of the tour de force meals complete with the menu posted on the refrigerator.






Ramses loves going over to his Auntie Barb and Uncle Rico's lake front house. He's crazy nuts about them both. During my campaign for Congress, I was on my way to the airport to go to a fundraiser in San Francisco or Washington, DC or New York or somesuch, when I got this total wave of worry. What will happen to Ramses if my plane crashes? Who will take care of him? The boys are not set up for this enormous hound. Will Ramses go to the pound? I was panic stricken. I immediately called Barb.

"If I die in a plane crash, please don't let Ramses go to the pound?"

"Jeez, Heid, you're not going to die in a plane crash! But, should you drop the hell dead, Ramses will come live with me. So, stop worrying. Go get on the plane. Go smile and raise some dough."

Great friends are so wonderful.

So, I got an email from Barb on Friday:

Hey Heid ~

It's a big eatin' day. Come over tomorrow so we can feast.

How about 3-ish?

Going to be sunny they say. Do we dare believe?

xoxoxo

B


Seared snapper tacos. Shrimp Fajitas. Pulled pork tacos.
Guacamole with fresh chips. Refried black beans.
Spanish Rice. A couple of different grated cheeses.
Fresh sliced limes. 


 Everything fresh. Everything homemade. Everything delicious!



And, feast we did. And, Ramses sneaked out
of the gate for a swim in the lake.
The perfect day for everyone ~
especially the 126# wet dog!

Day 25 Everyday Grateful ~ Andrea Marcovicci on the stereo,
clean sheets on the beds, sunny beautiful day. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment