Thursday, May 31, 2012

Zen & Heidi ~ you know, like Tracy & Hepburn, Bogie & Bacall, Horn & Hardart, Nick & Nora Charles, We Know Each Other But Not in the Biblical Sense, Of Course. We're Pals!

So, I just posted my integral coloured stucco blog and sent a copy to my friend, Zen McManigal. My email went something like this:

-----Original Message-----
From: HBBENEDICT

To: zmcmanigal

Sent: Thu, May 31, 2012 12:25 pm
Subject: from Heidi ~ I continue to wax poetic about you!
http://www.thefairhero.blogspot.com/2012/05/youre-up-larry-crazy-woman-at-counter.html

And Zen responds:

In a message dated 5/31/2012 1:49:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, he writes:

This is so great! Love the title of this one (ah,yes, I've seen that look many times**), great story, beautiful roses adorning the trellis, & I love the French's mustard thing. These just get better & better - & being immortalized in a blog makes me giddy.

Zen

** see, this is why we are so sympatico:

so our picket fence & trellis is badly in need of staining or painting (although I kinda like the faded & uneven patina & exposed wood in places.....people spend a lot of money trying to get that look, you know......& since our carport is full of crap who would notice the picket fence needs paint anyway - but I digress).
So Jill says "we should paint it, where did you get the green stain before?"
I say "Miller Paint I think".
She says "do you remember which green it was?"
I say "it was a custom color".
She says "where did you get the green?"
I say "from a leaf in the garden.....I took a leaf to them & they matched it exactly - don't you remember when I did that? That's why it looked so good with all your plants!"
..........those guys had that look when I gave them the leaf..........hey if other designers and architects can wax poetic in print about colors that match northwest beach rocks, then nobody should raise an eyebrow at us......
Zen
-----Original Message-----
From: HBBENEDICT
To: zmcmanigal < zmcmanigal@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, May 31, 2012 1:57 pm
Subject: Re: from Heidi ~ I continue to wax poetic about you!


Hi Dear ~

I was thinking of sending my post to Salmon Bay but I'm worried they will fire "Larry." Is this where I tell them there is no "Larry"; I made up the name cuz I couldn't remember the guy's name and ditto Ted the stucco guy?
Of course, I'm going to quote you. May I?
I plan to write one about Jill and me and the zoo doo run.
XOXO
H


ah....the zoo do run - a classic tale......I'll be looking forward to reading that.......I was more than too happy to leave that expedition to you two.......
Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment