Thursday, May 3, 2012

Perfect Seattle Weather

Oh, it's been cool and drizzly and misty and even a little foggy for the last few days. The riot of daffodils is beginning to whisper. They are nodding their heads and just about to say, "see you next year."

Ramses and I have been doing little garden things. The cobalt blue pots on the path from the bottom of the garden have been rejuvenated, the soil tossed about, fluffed and fertilized. Annuals have been added to the perennials for a splash of light. The path is a lovely curve and in the evening, the motion detector lights the way.

I have such a romantic notion of what a garden is. Certainly, it's fragrant. The blooms on the lilac hedge along the low front fence are abundantly copious. Fragrant as all get out.

I was reminded again of the importance of garden art and handsome colourful pots in the garden ~ empty or full, they are like accessories on a very plain dress. They add spice! On the way up the driveway to the mailbox, I love the little black iron window grates with the silhouettes of dancers suspended in them.

I like looking through them to see the large glazed terra cotta architectural salvage cornice pieces leaning up against the trees in the corner of the yard.

Quiet and beautiful.
I like the large turquoise glazed terra cotta urns by the hot tub. The wonderful terra cotta elephant is losing his glaze, but I like him all the more for it. The reclaimed teak duck is from the Bear and Laura. The whole grouping is just such a festive, cheerful tableau.

The volcanic stone pot at the end of the pergola has such a wonderful ancient quality. I love it in the winter with small lights in the privet. Friendly.





I picked some greens from around the garden for my entry table. In a couple of days, I'll bring in an armload of lilacs. But, for now, I love knowing they are out there being fragrant and inviting.




Ramses has been doing his dog-job ~ guarding me. And, it's a lot of work requiring frequent naps.


Day 23 Everyday Grateful ~ Quiet day. Snoring dog.
Misty morning. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment