Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring in Seattle

What a lovely morning. I'm getting ready to go my friend, Barb's house for Easter brunch, but I just had to take a walk in the garden again this morning.

Last fall, when I bought forty pounds (or, was it eighty? I forget. Anyway, it was a lot!) of King Alfred daffodils, I imagined how wonderful the pots would look in the spring. As I've said before, planting bulbs shows faith in the future.

Now, we are seeing the results of that crazy idea. It's a daffodil riot outside. And, best of all they are just starting to open their heads. I love the way they respond to the sigh of the wind as it moves through the garden. 

Atmospheric. Transcendent. Hopeful. Beautiful.

My friend, Karen's husband Ron came by yesterday. He's the pressure washing king. He got all the Seattle winter moss and slime off the back deck. We are now ready for breakfast and dinner over looking the back yard.












I love this time of year. Each day, we are gathering light. The ground is warming. The energy of returning life is everywhere.

This next week, let's chat about garden art.


Happy Easter

Day 4 Everyday Grateful ~ a long, laugh-filled phone call
from The Bear.

1 comment:

  1. It’s pretty cool that you have a pressure washing king friend. :) I’m sure you already hired him to clean your home. I’m pretty good with pressure washing too. This is actually one of my favorite jobs in our house. I don’t find it difficult to do, because in the first place, it’s the pressure washer that does the entire job, right? Anyway, I hope you had a good spring this year. :) #German Zollinger

    ReplyDelete