Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Holy Mackerel! It's a Gully Washer!

Today, I've been working on a project from early when I got up. When I took Ramses out to leave his card, the air was misty and warm. The birds were 'cha cha cheep, cha cha peeping' like crazy. My kitchen garden was happy with all its little herbs coming up. My Italian and curly parsley wintered over and are getting robust, green and happy. I did laugh when I noticed that every one of my pots had several kinds of mint in it. Talk about the life force! My pot of mints from last year have invaded the other pots. Little thugs. It's even crowded out my sages. These guys mean business! So far, my basil has escaped the invasion. But, I must be vigilant!

Then ~ about fifteen minutes ago, a giant thunderclap!  Followed immediately by a professional gully washer. How fantastic! In Seattle, we don't usually have hard rain, rarely thunder storms. We're famous for not using umbrellas much. Mostly we keep our "bumbershoots" in the closet for guests when they visit. Yes, around here rain is usual a gentle drizzle. But just now? Mais non!


Stunning! My street looked like a river. The water on the road actually had a current, forgodsake! And, the rain was pouring off the roof so hard and fast, it was running off the sides of the roof because the drain spouts were overwhelmed.

Kindah exciting.

Though I did walk around the house to see if there were any leaks in the ceiling. I have a mid-century house with a tongue and groove car decking pine ceiling. It's notorious for leaking. So far so good.



And, now it's over. Back to work . . .






Day 19 Everyday Grateful ~ What an amazing rain!

My little kitchen garden is looking damn fine!
Wonderful new project. Excellent! And, very  happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment