Friday, April 6, 2012

Everyday Grateful ~ Friends

My dear friend Audrey's birthday is tomorrow. In honour of her birthday, I'm taking a page out of her Everyday Grateful blog to talk about the profound happiness found in great friendships.

Thirty years! How is that possible?

There are so many things I love about her. She is beautiful inside and out. She is full of sunny optimism. Her voice on the other end of the phone is bright and full of happiness. She wants to know about the world in all its complexities: its sorrows, its joys and its irony. She cares about complex issues deeply and thoughtfully. She reads widely and selects authors writing on challenging subjects. She is a seeker of common ground and compassionate understanding. She has the courage of her convictions. She is fearless. She is funny. She works every day to make the world a better place.  She loves art and works to have it in her life every day. She is a faithful, engaged friend and a lovely, devoted mother.

As she says about herself, she is "exploring, investigating, trying new things, trying to figure out how things work. Exploring why artists do what they do. And what my path of creativity will be."

She is wonderful!

I'm so very grateful to have her in my life.

And, in honour of Audrey's Everyday Grateful blog, it's sunny in Seattle. The air is still. The leaves are bright with the rain of the last few days. The garden completely sparkles ~ dazzling in a thousand shades of green.

As I was at the sink in my kitchen this morning, a small bird with a very neat black cap stopped by the birdhouses on the wall outside my kitchen window. Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Neat-Black-Cap are planning to set up housekeeping. I'd love to have baby birds being born just outside my kitchen window.

Sweet!

Spring must be here.


http://ahwatson.blogspot.com/

Day 1 Everyday Grateful ~ for my friend, Audrey

No comments:

Post a Comment