Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gives "Sicker Than a Damn Dog" a Whole New Meaning!

Ramses was sick this weekend.

I mean really sick.

I mean, "Oh, God! Please don't die" sick.

I have no idea what he got into. If I didn't know better, it was almost like poison. Certainly, it was something he ate. But, since he doesn't have access to anything not given to him by my own hand, it's a mystery.

It started on Friday night / Saturday morning in the middle of the night. I've heard horror stories from friends about their dog having to go out several times during the night. That's not Ramses. He's all about going to bed when I do and getting up when I do unless I get up early in which case, he opens one eye, groans, rolls on his back and goes back to sleep. I guess he's hoping it's just a bad dream and I'll be back in bed soon.

By mid-morning on Saturday, he was throwing up ~ a lot! Every time he ate anything he pitched it right back up. He was keeping nothing down. Oh, uck! He was unsteady on his feet. He had no energy. His clown spirit was broken. The worst part was he kept looking at me like, "I feel like hell. Do something."

By Saturday night, he was keeping water down. But, he looked like hell. His hair was all askew; a rumpled mess. A nauseous, disheveled mess. It was hideous.

On Sunday, I was in tears with worry. And, then it hit me. Chicken soup!

I made fresh chicken rice soup for Ramses on Sunday morning. I gave it to him in one cup servings. By Monday night, he was on the mend. He was still a little unsteady on his feet yesterday, but this morning, he semi-bounded up the stairs.

His clown spirit is back. His eyes are sparkly. And, his grin in working order and back where it belongs.

A girl and her dog! All is right with the world!
Chicken soup! Miracle cure, par excellence. Three thousand years of mothers can't be wrong.

Day 61 Everyday Grateful ~
Cool this morning.
Ramses is better.
All is right with the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment