Monday, July 9, 2012

Eat Fresh! Eat What is in Season! Wild Salmon!

Such a great adage. Eat seasonally. Eat fresh. Works for me!

And, for me? It's fresh wild salmon! O. M. G. Talk about food of the gods!

On Friday, Morgana bought a lovely Copper River fillet and asked me to smoke it. Well, it's just as easy to smoke one fillet as several. So, on Saturday, I bought 8 pounds of fresh wild sockeye to add to the mix. They have been marinating their little hearts out for the last thirty-six hours. 

This morning, I cleared off the kitchen counter, put down a layer of kraft paper, got out the smoker grates, took the fully marinated wild salmon out of the refrigerator and arranged them on their respective grates.

They are now relaxing on the counter under the fan while the pellicle is being formed.

     

This afternoon? Into the smoker.

I predict smoked wild salmon Caesar salad for dinner. Maybe in the back deck.

I'll keep you posted.

Day 59 Everyday Grateful ~
Sunny and completely beautiful.
Blue skies, clean air. Still.
Salmon in the smoker. Heaven!
Summer is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment